Welcome to Friday!
That means it’s time for a top 10 list. So here it is: the top 10 stuff I wish I knew about buying a car:
10. The price tag doesn’t include gas, insurance, oil, speeding tickets, wiper blades, or tow truck charges.
9. $20 Floor mats are actually an option.
8. $400 power windows, $1200 air-conditioner, $400 stereo, and $200 cruise control are standard.
7. Whatever you offer your salesman, even if it’s double the sticker price, he will have to “check with his manager.”
6. After checking with his manager, your salesman will always have “great news!”
5. The great news is he’s getting a fat commission and you’re getting an 8% interest rate on a six year loan.
4. Your car will not last six years.
3. After 3 years, your car will be worth less than the interest you paid on the loan.
2. Instead giving you a price, your salesman, a.k.a. your new BFF, will ask you what payment you’re looking for.
And the number 1 stuff I wish I knew about buying a car…
1. “Free” is not an acceptable answer to number 2.